You’ll need a licence from us to run a boarding kennel or cattery. The number of dogs and cats that you can accommodate will be detailed on the licence along with other conditions.
We may authorise an officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner to inspect licensed premises.
Who can apply?
Anyone as long as you haven't been disqualified from:
- keeping an animal boarding establishment
- keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951
- keeping animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954
- owning, keeping, being involved in the keeping, or being entitled to control or influence the keeping of animals under the Animals Welfare Act 2006
- dealing in animals, transporting or being involved in the transportation of animals under the Animals Welfare Act 2006