‘Parking dispensation’ means that we give you permission to park where you normally shouldn’t, such as on yellow lines or in a taxi rank or disabled bay. You can also apply to park somewhere for longer than normally allowed, such as in a waiting or loading bay (we call this a ‘bay suspension’).
It’s usually for things like:
- moving home
- doing building work
- loading or unloading goods to/from your car or van
- special events
- weddings or funerals
- media filming
When we can’t give you a dispensation
- If it will severely affect disabled/doctors/police bays, taxi ranks or bus stops
- If there is a loading restriction period in place
- Within 50 metres of a signal controlled junction
- On or near pedestrian crossings
- On a footpath
- On a bend
- On the brow of a hill
- On clearways or fast flowing roads
- Near to the entrance of a school
- If you’ve already had a dispensation twice within the past four weeks four weeks – except in exceptional circumstances
- If it’ll be too dangerous
£15 per vehicle, per day. In some circumstances or for large vehicles, we may charge £15 per 5 metres.
Apply for parking dispensation
You need to apply at least three working days before, but please try and give as much notice as possible.