If you’re a care leaver, you don’t have to pay council tax if you have moved into a home where you are the only person responsible for paying.

If you’ve moved into a home where other people live and they aren’t care leavers, you can get a discount on the council tax, but how much will depend on the circumstances.

If you’re not sure whether you are a care leaver read our leaving care section.

Applying for care leaver relief

Please complete the form and return to:

Benefits and Exchequer Services, New Town House, Buttermarket Street, Warrington WA1 2NH.

If you have any difficulties completing this form, or have any questions, call us on 01925 443210. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm.