Insurance services for the council are managed by Salford City Council. If you believe that you have been injured, or your property has been damaged, and that the council is at fault, then you can make a claim for compensation.

Contact details for the Salford City Council insurance team are:

Risk Management and Insurance Service
Salford City Council
First Floor, Unity House
Chorley Road
M27 5AW

Telephone: 0161 793 2044


If you’re making a claim for compensation, for personal injury or damage to property that has occurred on the public highway, please check our guide before you proceed.

Claims for personal injury should be submitted by your solicitor via the claims portal.

If you do not have a solicitor, please contact the Salford insurance team for advice on how to make a claim.

For all other claims please contact the Salford insurance team using the details provided above. Or if you prefer, please visit us in person at Contact Warrington, 26-30 Horsemarket Street, Warrington, WA1 1XL.

Please read our Privacy Statement in full before proceeding with your claim.

Please be aware that making a false claim for compensation is a criminal offence for which you can be prosecuted. Warrington Borough Council has a duty to safeguard public funds and will use the information you provide for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share your information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.