There are loads of cycle routes in Warrington, and we’re adding new ones all the time. We’re also making our roads safer and easier to ride on. Because our town is quite flat and compact, most places are close and easy to get to by bike, and many of our cycle routes have signs to keep you on the right track.
Why you should give cycling a go
- It’s good for your heart! You could enjoy better fitness levels, a stronger heart and lungs, and you could live longer
- It helps you control your weight. Exercise produces fat burning enzymes, which then burn calories even when you’re resting
- It helps the environment. Do your bit and get on your bike, especially for those short journeys when you don't really need to take the car
- It saves you money. Cut down your spending on parking and petrol
- It’s fun! Remember all those hours playing on your bike when you were a child?