To run a ‘doggy day care’ business for day-boarding dogs you’ll require a licence from us. The number of dogs that you can accommodate will be detailed on the licence along with other conditions.
We’ll authorise a Veterinary Surgeon or Practitioner to inspect licensed premises on the initial application, with the fee for this visit payable by you. A veterinary visit shouldn’t be required at renewal inspections.
Who can apply?
To apply you must not be disqualified from:
- keeping an animal boarding establishment
- keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951
- keeping animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954
- owning, keeping, being involved in the keeping, or being entitled to control or influence the keeping of animals under the Animals Welfare Act 2006
- dealing in animals, transporting or being involved in the transportation of animals under the Animals Welfare Act 2006