Register Office - Coronavirus update
Changes to register office
To protect our staff and residents, and to direct resources to the most vital services:
- We have closed the Museum Street office and are only open for pre-booked appointments to register a death.
- For the time being, you will not be able to make an appointment to register a birth or discuss marriage / civil partnership ceremonies
Registering a Death
- Please book an appointment to register a death online or call Contact Warrington on 01925 443322.
Please bear in mind:
- Only two members of next of kin will be able to visit the Registrar’s office when registering a death
- If you need to register a death caused by COVID-19 please contact the Register Office on 01925 442762 BEFORE you book an appointment.
Registering a birth
- You can now wait to make an appointment to register a birth until we are through the current pandemic period.
Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Notices of Marriage and Civil Partnership will be deferred until we are through the current pandemic period.
- Ceremonies may no longer be held in line with the Prime Ministers announcement. Your wedding notice is valid for 12 months so you can postpone your ceremony if the hotel/wedding reception/venue will not currently be able to hold your event.
If you have any further questions about booking a marriage/civil partnership ceremony, a citizenship question or need to register a birth please email Contact Warrington or call 01925 443322.